Excursion around the island of Thassos
One-day sightseeing excursion to the island of Thassos with a guide from the company "Kavala Tour"
Having holidays in Kavala or in Thassos we recommend to book the sightseeing excursion and learn a lot of interesting about the island of Thassos, because the history of the island goes back to the distant past, and visiting local historical monuments and archaeological parks preserved here since ancient times, you will not only learn a lot of interesting things but you will also see monuments of past eras.
The walls of the ancient fortress, the temple of Apollo, the ancient theater, the acropolis, ritual constructions dedicated to the god Dionysus and much more. In addition, our guide will immerse you in mythology, one of which says that the island was named after Thassos, the son of Phoenician King Agenor, who came here in search of his sister Europe, abducted by Zeus.
In the course of our excursion, we will visit the following cities and settlements: Kallirahi - which will remind us of those times when pirates were raging in these waters, Limenarja is the second largest island town, Theologos is a very ancient mountain village with a great abundance of springs and dense forests, which became the reason why monks from Athos settled here.
During the excursion we will visit the Monastery of Archangel Michael whose history is closely connected with the Holy Nail from the right hand of Jesus Christ which is kept in the Monastery. Everyone can take away from the miraculous source of the Archangel healing water from various diseases. The monastery is located on the top of a steep cliff from which offers a charming view to the Mount Athos
Along the whole perimeter of the island there are amazing beaches and cozy coves surrounded by pine forests and olive groves that we will see with you during our trip around the island, and in one of the beach we will swim, after such an intense but interesting excursion. We will stop for lunch in a traditional Greek tavern, in the picturesque place of Aliki - from which opens a magnificent view of the Aegean Sea.
Information about excursion around the island of Thassos
• Excursion with a guide in the island of Thassos is by car (1 - 4 people), minivan (up to 7 people), or mini bass (up to 18 people).
• The trip starts in the city of Limenas (the capital of the island) and going around the island. (The place can be changed by the request of tourists.)
• Duration of the Excursion is 7 hours, and begin at 10:00.
• The excursion can be carried out only by prior request which should be submitted at least 1 week before the planned trip date.
• The price of an individual excursion by car (1 - 4 people) is 160 € for all.
• The price in a group excursion is 40 € per person.
• For children from 6 to 12 years old - 20 €. For children under 5 years old - free of charge.
• The ticket to the museum (2 €) and lunch do not include in the price.
• You should have a passport as well as a camera and a great mood.
• We recommend that you wear light, casual clothing and comfortable, low-heeled walking shoes or sneakers, to have a hat and sunglasses.
• For visiting the Monastery women should have their shoulders and head closed and a long skirt is compulsory (can be take at the entrance), men should have trousers or shorts (swimming trunks is prohibited).