Kavala walking excursion
...to the historical places and sights of the city with a guide from the company "Kavala Tour"
The city of Kavala is very beautiful due to its location on the slope of the mountain: white city houses with terraces descend to the sea, along which stretches a beautiful embankment with many old and modern houses, museums, beautiful beaches, taverns, shops and simply picturesque places. Kavala has long been a tourist destination in Greece from over the World
Also in Kavala are many attractions, each of which is a unique architectural masterpiece, and the history of the city goes far into the past. During the pedestrian walk with the guide from the company Kavala Tour, you will learn a lot of interesting things, in particular a few legends about the origin of the city name, about the legendary persons passing through this city, etc.
Climbing the Old Town through ancient cobblestone streets, you will visit the old Castle, a medieval fortress surrounded by four towers and the highest point of the city - the central tower from which you can see an amazing view of the whole city and the Aegean Sea, and in good weather is clearly visible the island of Thassos and the next island in the endless blue sea, the island of Samothrace.
On the way you will see: Imaret - One of the most impressive architectural monuments of the Ottoman period, the House and Monument of Mehmet Ali - the founder of the last Egyptian dynasty that ruled Egypt from 1805 to 1953, the Kamares aqueduct is a magnificent ancient structure built on Roman patterns in the reign of Suleiman the Magnificent, connecting the old and new parts of the city.
After this amazing excursion, at your request you can visit the main museums of the city: the Archaeological Museum, where unique exhibits from Kavala and from Thasos Island are exhibited, the Municipal Museum with several rooms and the Tobacco Museum.
Information about Kavala walking excursion
• Kavala walking excursion with a guide is completely pedestrian and is carried out as part of a mini-group with a visit all the attractions of the city.
• The excursion starts in the city center (hotel Oceanis) and ends at the shopping center (Εμπορικό Κέντρο Καβάλας), where you can chat with a guide over a cup of coffee and ask any questions, then you can go to museums, shopping or have lunch in a tavern.
• Duration of the excursion 3 hours.
• The excursion can be carried out only by prior request which should be submitted at least 1 week before the planned date.
• The price for 1 person is 20 €.
• For children from 6 to 12 years old - 10 €.
• For children under 5 years old - free of charge.
• Tickets to the archaeological site and museums do not include in the price.
• You should have a passport as well as a camera and a great mood.
• We recommend that you wear light, casual clothing and comfortable, low-heeled walking shoes or sneakers, to have a hat and sunglasses.
• Meals during the excursion are not provided, but if you wish you can have a snack on the go or have lunch after.